I think the time has come for me to sound off on all you children here on Tumblr, stealing MY culture. If you were born in the early 80s, or mid 80s, you know what I’m talking about.
Let’s get some shit really fucking straight - most of you here on Tumblr were born in the 90s, and don’t know a damn thing about half the stuff you’re reblogging, posting and stealing from other people. You’re just hitting the re-blog button and typing, “OMG!”
OH EM GEE what motherfucker? Like you know shit about what you’re talking about? Because you don’t. If you were born in the early to mid 90s, you were too young to remember anything of consequence that happened. I know this, because I can do fucking math.
A few of your biggest offenses…
- What the fuck do you know about Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis? Both were released in 1991. If you’re 14, 15, 16, or 17 - you weren’t even fucking alive when it came out. If you’re 18-21, you were too young to really appreciate the improvement it meant over the original Nintendo.
- On that note, most of you were too young to really appreciate the original Playstation OR N64. The Playstation came out in 1995, and the N64 came out in 1996 (late ‘96 at that). So even if you were born in the early 90s, you wouldn’t have been old enough to really understand it. By the time you were old enough, it was 2000, and the Playstation 2 was out.
- The Yak-Bak. I’ve seen numerous references to it lately. Look 90s kids - it was a shitty recorder. Us 80s kids know. But it was OUR shitty recorder. Quit trying to steal our fucking toys.
- Babe, Hook, Toy Story, Milo & Otis, The Secret of Nimh, The Sandlot, A Goofy Movie, Good Burger… those movies belong to 80s kids. They are not yours to co-opt. When you’re my age, you’ll look back and remember how silly Hannah Montana was - but until you’re my age, back the fuck off my shit.
- The Spice Girls were something that girls of MY generation listened to. Your older sisters might have gotten down to Sporty Spice, but YOU did not.
- Tomagotchi / Gigapets. That was something WE had. You aren’t old enough to remember girls walking around with like 10 of those motherfuckers on ONE keychain.
- AMAZINGLY baggy jeans. My friends and I all had JNCO’s or Lee Pipes. You 80s kids don’t know a damn thing about that.
- Along the lines of baggy jeans… back in the early 90s, we wore overalls. I see you all posting pictures of folks back in the early 90s with all this colorful, neon nonsense, but you forget OVERALLS. That shows you didn’t really live it. You don’t know what the fuck you’re reblogging. I used to wear my overalls over one shoulder, leaving one strap undone. Whatchu know ‘bout that?
- The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. You kids watch reruns. I watched the original episodes. You laugh at how silly his clothes are. We actually wore that shit, just so you know.
- I’ve noticed you only try to adopt the cool shit. None of you fuckers are adopting all the “Nu-Metal” that spun out of the 90s. If you’re gonna steal some of it, steal all of it. And while people my age will claim they never liked Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, etc… of course they did. We all did. I had Limp Bizkit’s shit in my CD player. I had a few Korn albums. C’mon… we all did.
- Remember Magic cards? Y’all need to try stealing that shit. I still know some people that think it’s cool. PLEASE, PLEASE steal Magic. It’s interfering with the sex lives of some old friends of mine.
- I haven’t seen you fuckers one-up us yet on school shootings. Us 80s kids OWN school shootings. It was OUR generation that shot up Columbine, and it was OUR generation that shot up Virginia Tech. Now that you’ve got Call of Duty, you don’t need to actually shoot people I guess…
- LA Gear light-up shoes. That was something 80s kids had. You don’t know shit about it.
I could go on forever… but here’s my point. Seriously… quit stealing OUR shit. You 90s kids have your own culture. It sucks, but at least it’s yours. I know my shit is cooler, but if you steal it, we’re gonna have some problems.
CaliforniaCornbread - an 80s kid
Get off the 90’s kids’ tumblr then.
so basically, 90s kids aren’t allowed to like stuff that happened before they were born/too young to understand? that’s like saying someone can’t like vintage clothing, or even history for that matter. what the fuck.
Wait, what the fuck? For the love of fuck, I was raised in goddamn overalls and on the nintendo64. Look, what the hell. I love the eighties, I love everything about the eighties, I’m not trying to steal anyone’s goddamn culture, you need to shut up, ms. CaliforniaCornbread. Like you were EXCLUSIVELY an eighties child who didn’t listen to Queen or Led Zepp or the Beatles or what-have-you. This is nonsensical, and since when is ANYONE proud of school shootings?
My jaw just dropped.
First of all, we are NOT claiming that we OWN your culture. It’s more of an appreciation for something that we never get to experience; a nostalgia because we never get to experience it. It just happens that YOUR culture is more interesting, okay? Now I’m not saying that ours wasn’t. The 90s was something revolutionary, too, but to tell US to FUCK OFF, dude you’re not the only one who grew up during that time. That’s so immature and offensive.
I might be 17, but I have fond memories of Super Nintendo, N64, Limp Bizkit, Tomagotchi Pets, and Good Burger. So fuck you.
“you wouldn’t have been old enough to really understand it.”
Are you kidding me?
Wow. Some of this absolute bullshit…I was born in 1990. I remember all nu metal VERY clearly considering most of the shit your talking about was coming out in LATE 90’s you fucking idiot. Toy Story came out in 95. I was 5 years old and sure as fuck remember going to see that. Fuck, I remember seeing Aladdin in theaters. I remember as far back as when I was turning four years old. SO yeah I did experience that shit. AND THE TAMAGOTCHI AND GIGAPETS!? You’ve gotta be kidding me right? Tamagotchi came out in 96! And I remember being the first kid in my class to have a gigapet. My mom drove me to radioshack and they had a dinosaur and a monkey and i got the monkey. So there.
I’m just as much a 90’s kid as anyone else. So put that in your juice box and suck it.
Please ask me questions :( No one ever does!
do this omg
o m g
someone tell me what happens before i do it
that’s fucking awesome
oh my god.
If I had a phone I’d try it! :/
OMG. KILL ME NOW.